Year 3

Welcome to our class page, below you will find plenty of useful information regarding the work in Year 3. If you have any questions or concerns please let me know via Class Dojo. I look forward to working with you and your child this year.

Warm Regards

Mr. Jones.

Summer 2023: “What changes can make our Supermarkets Super?”
During the summer term children will explore their rights and responsibilities as members of the local community and particularly as consumers of local businesses and shops. While considering the big question “What changes can make our Supermarkets Super”, children will gain knowledge of how shops have changed both locally and nationally. They will become ambitious and capable learners by undertaking research of customers and shop owners, comparing different methods of the past with more recent technologies. This will inform their own choices as they become enterprising, creative contributors, taking a lead in their own learning and thinking creatively using their knowledge to provide a shopping experience to customers within the school community.

Rights of the Child:
Article 24: I have the right to the best healthcare possible, safe water to drink, nutritious food, a clean safe environment and information to help you stay well.
Article 12: I have the right to express my views and feelings on things that affect me and have them considered and taken seriously
Spring 2023: “How does our World Survive?”
This term our children will learn about their rights to life and survival. We will consider the big question “How does the World Survive?” and explore what it means to them. They will develop their problem solving skills and investigate suitable conditions needed for different plants to survive and the process of photosynthesis. Using their enquiry skills, learners will compare the life of a child in Wales with an indigenous person and what they need to survive in their environment. They will look at the cause of deforestation, it’s deadly impact and effects and use this knowledge to empower them to protest against deforestation.

Rights of the Child:
Article 6: I have the right to life, survival and development. Governments must do all they can to
ensure that I survive and develop to my full potential.
Article 27: I have the right to food, clothing, and a safe place to live and to have my basic needs met.

Important Information

Year 3 newsletter (1)

PE

PE is currently on Thursday, we ask that children come to school wearing their appropriate PE clothes which they will remain in all day so no need to bring a change of clothes.

Water bottles/ Snack

Please could every child bring in a water bottle to drink from during the day. They may also bring a piece of fruit/ snack for playtime. We also offer toast with either butter or jam for the cost of £1.50 per week or £10 for the whole half term. Please could money be brought into class in an envelope.

Reading at home

Children will take home their reading record and books on Thursday and bring them back to school on Tuesday. Please could you take some time to listen to your child read and write a comment in the reading record. Instructions on how to use the reading record for those children reading Read Write Inc books are stuck on the inside cover of the record. More information about our new Read Write Inc scheme can be found in the Year 3 Newsletter at the top of this page.

Login information

At school, children regularly login to websites, which can also be accessed at home, to help practice and strengthen key skills including maths, reading and ICT. Login details can be sent home via Class Dojo so please get in touch if you would like those details. 

TT Rockstars – Times Tables Practice

Reading Eggs – Reading Practice

HWB – ICT programmes on hwb that children can access

Maths

Please press the link to the White Rose Maths scheme to watch videos of what we are learning in Maths. We are currently focusing on Place Value this term (full list of objectives can be found in Autumn overview above.)

Here are some extra links to help support maths learning at home:

Topmarks

Mathsframe

BBC Bitesize

TT Rockstars 

Welsh Language Patterns / Patrymau Cymraeg

For full list: Welsh Language Patterns

Pwy wyt ti?

Who are you?

… dw i.

I am …

Beth ydy dy enw di?

What is your name?

… dw i.

I am …

Sut wyt ti?

How are you?

Dw i’n …

I am …

Ble wyt ti’n byw?

Where do you live?

Dw i’n byw yn …

I live …

Oes … gyda ti?

Have you got … ?

Oes. / Nag oes.

Yes. / No.

Oes … gyda ti?

Have you got … ?

Oes, mae … gyda fi.

Yes, I’ve got …

Oes … gyda ti?

Have you got … ?

Nag oes, does dim … gyda fi.

No, I haven’t got …

Ga i … os gwelwch yn dda?

Can I have … please?

Cei. / Na chei.

Yes. / No.